Benefits for the laboratory manager
With ORSOFT LabScheduling it is possible
- be able to see the existing and expected workload of the laboratory in the long term based on the number and type of SAP and simulated inspection lots,
- be able to immediately see the effects of independent changes in laboratory and production planning in SAP ERP via alarms,
- be able to make tentative changes in the laboratory planning to fix the alarms (simulation, no writeback) and
- being an informed discussion partner for the production planners.
Offer for the introduction of ORSOFT LabScheduling
We link a solution "overview and simulation of components of laboratory planning" to an SAP Q-System free of charge (based on the external costs) and license these for test purposes for 3 months free of charge on a customer's computer. If desired, this workstation is connected to an SAP productive system (without charging for launch costs) and can be rented until a more feature-rich solution is introduced.
Special feature of the solution
The offer exclusively assumes that only existing master data will be used. As a result, the scope of functions is limited. A full range of functions would require higher efforts on master data maintenance and implementation.
- Immediate overview and simulation possibilities for the laboratory manager.
- With minimal effort - without master data maintenance - to come to results that are better than the previous methods.
- The rapid provision of a useful interim solution before the introduction of a feature-rich solution.
ORSOFT Lab Scheduling
The SAP data model is loaded on the computer of the planner in relation to the laboratory planning. In addition - and this is the added value that goes beyond the state of the art - simulated inspection lots are created automatically on the basis of existing production planning (purchase orders, process orders, ...). Thus, the laboratory manager not only sees the existing workload for the laboratories, but also the future workload.
SAP inspection lots and simulated inspection lots are displayed together in a table. Since this table is large, there is a planning book in the daily, weekly, monthly, ... the number of inspection lots is specified. From each of the cells of the inspection lots, you can enter the then reduced table of inspection lots. Based on the number and type of inspection lots, the laboratory manager can make a utilization estimate. The laboratory manager sees the total expected workload over the entire production planning period.
A laboratory manager can change the dates in the test lot headers and write comments and employee group names and print them in Excel spreadsheets, but not write them back to SAP ERP.
Alerting in case of conflicts with production planning
Each inspection lot has three alerting indicators in relation to production planning
- There is a conflict with the upstream and subsequent production planning object
- It's too early
- It is too late
After these alarms, one can sort and then plan (in this solution only simulatively, i.e. without storing the results).