In terms of MES (manufacturing execution), there is a trend to merge the levels of process control (PCS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) by integrating MES information with these separate systems. To cover corresponding requirements, SAP provides SAP ME (formerly Visiprise) and SAP MII (formerly Lighthammer CMS). While SAP ME especially focuses on MES processes of discrete manufacturing, SAP MII serves as a visualization and data integration platform for discrete and continuous manufacturing processes.
Most companies usually focus on transferring operating data, such as process progress, production quantities and deliveries, into SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA. ORSOFT solutions take ERP-related data, such as due dates or affected value of a customer order down the line. Thus, better decisions can be made by the users of PLS and MES systems.
SAP ERP / SAP S/4HANA and Process Control Systems speak different languages and maintain different data management. Manufacturing Execution Systems are usually used to connect both worlds, as an intermediate level of the IT pyramid. However, typical MES functions will be taken over by PCS or ERP Systems in the future.
ORSOFT provides MES-Add-ons for SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA, which integrate MES-functions with SAP ERP / SAP S/4HANA directly, according to the methods 1-3. Hence, the system landscape will be homogenized and the interface diversity will be reduced.
- Internal Supply Chain Management based on detailed scheduling model
- Material disposition based on detailed scheduling model
- Enforcement of recipe procedure (creation of key data for control recipes)
- Asset Management (process-related device data, maintenance information, alert management, reporting of energy efficiency)
- PIMS/LIMS (collection of process data and data from laboratory information management)
- Field level